RTA or ready to assemble kitchen cabinets are almost every time made of wood. They may represent the answer to a person who loves custom cabinetry yet fail to pay for it. These RTA’s set aside extra expenses as the assembly and hanging part is done by you. The sting of paying for the shipping part is significantly less since the pieces easily fit in smaller boxes and these don’t get knocked around as much during transit.
RTA kitchen cabinets are pretty trouble-free to assemble. Everything is at the right place, and you will only require a screwdriver.
Ready to assemble or RTA kitchen cabinet:
Photo: courtesy – Kitchen Resource Direct
Advantages of purchasing RTA kitchen cabinets
■RTA kitchen cabinets display a wide hodgepodge of typical industry sizes.
■RTA kitchen cabinets almost every time come with each particular thing in them. These comprise the knobs, clips, frames, drawers, cabinet doors for base cabinets as well as cabinet boxes. Also, the holes are drilled to provisions.
■RTA kitchen cabinets are available in a wide variety of colors and finishes. The colors may be Honey Maple, Windsor Maple, Richmond, Autumn Shaker, Cherryville, Natural Oak and Marquise Cinnamon. This hardwood finishe looks classic, and you don’t need to pay much.
■Since you can do the above work, you can feel pride about the work after you’re done. It’s very pleasing in upgrading your home.
Price tags of RTA kitchen cabinets
The prices of RTA kitchen cabinets differ. This is based on numerous factors such as intricacy and degree of finishing point, finish as well as materials. Each petite thing will rate a bit more and you will need to prioritize if you do not wish to pay the whole price. Moreover, RTA kitchen cabinets having features like classy hardware, bins, Lazy Susan etc will cost more. Maple and oak are reasonably priced. Walnut and cherry may cost you more.
Purchasing guidelines for RTA kitchen cabinets
1. When you buy RTA kitchen cabinets, keep a view of the décor as well as the appearance of your kitchen. More importantly ensure that you are aware of the precise dimensions. There are countless choices when it comes to purchasing RTA cabinets. Therefore, whether you are hunting for lighter shaded ready to assemble cabinets to lighten your kitchen or a darker color for a conventional look, remain rest assured that they are obtainable.
2. You choose from RTA kitchen cabinets in large stores like Home Depot, IKEA, Lowe’s. It’s perfectly fine to have plywood on either side since plywood is stronger. Dovetailing is at all times a plus, but not done always. And you may wish to have an easy-to-assemble lock set-up. These are almost the identical things you’ll discover in the high end cabinetry suitable for handling the heat and moisture produced from cooking. Try to avoid MDF products having particle board as they are not likely to last long.
3. Rock-solid wood RTA cabinets are grand since these are brawny and last longer, besides raising the property worth of your home.
4. While purchasing RTA cabinets, another point you need to judge is whether you will be choosing hardwood or softwood. It is wise for kitchen cabinets to opt for hardwood. Maple, oak and other hardwoods present longevity and robustness.
5. The easiest to assemble cabinets are those that are blessed with simple assembly tutoring with all pieces in a single box.
6. If you are not at ease or certain of installing RTA kitchen cabinets yourself, you may think about having a contractor install the same for you.
Maintenance ways for RTA kitchen cabinets
Like in the case of everything, pursue the manufacturer’s conditions on the care of new cupboards.
Wash with gentle soap, a spongy cloth using warm water. Be convinced that no water is left behind on the surface or else this could damage the finish.
It is advisable to clean the modular cabinets frequently with the help of a trusted furniture polish.
Rasping chemicals or other liquids that contain acetone must be steered clear of at all costs since these can cause unwarranted damage and even lead to discoloration of your precious cabinets.